The earmarked area is located in and around surrounding villages of Buvanahalli where the airport project is being executed. About 1,700 farmers are parting with their farm land to Huda’s new layout project.
According to the Huda sources, it is estimated to get 15,000 sites tentatively in 1,060 acres area. When the developmental work begins after fixing the agency, applications will be invited from the public.
Half of the total sites will be alloted to the farmers who had parted with their land. Nearly 10% of the total sites will be considered as corner and commercial sites. Rest of the sites will be distributed to the applicants category wise. Lottery system is applied to pick applicants (beneficiaries) from every category when the number of applications exceeds the number of available sites. The application fee will be 10 % of the value of the site.
The farmers who give up their land are provided 50% of the developed site and the other half is taken by Huda. In the developed site, 45% of the land is considered as area for park, road and other criteria and remaining 55 % is considered while applying 50:50 ratio between farmers and Huda.
“Nearly five years back, when Huda had invited applications for SM Krishna Layout in Hassan on Arsikere road, 10,000 aspirants had applied, but only 20% of them had won the lottery. In 2020, Huda had invited applications as part of the survey to check present demand for sites from the public, at the time we received 58,000 applications which fetched Rs 75 crore revenue to the authority. We are expecting to get clearance for the submitted DPR in this month. After getting approval, within a year, a new layout will be readied,” said Huda commissioner Ramesh.